FACTS ABOUT CLASH OF CLANS: –
- The Finnish gaming giant Supercell is behind the super successful game app CoC. In fact, it’s not only the app that’s grossing big. There are two more super-popular games the company has to its credit. The Hay Day app and the Boom beach app, earning the company a spectacular $1.7 billion in sales during 2014. A rare feat, given that there are thousands of games dominating the app store.
- Launched in 2012, the app is still going strong.
- According to Statista’s November 2015 data, the game is still stealing the thunder from newbie apps, raking in 1,141,815 U.S. dollars a day. Good God! Isn’t that an impossible sum of money?
- Supercell was valued at $5.5 billion, courtesy its multitude of successful mobile games.
- According to last year’s Media Research, Supercell spent a reported $1m a day on app marketing.
- The gameplay is addicting. Logging off means your base would be attacked/raided by the rival clans in no time. Which means the top players stay glued to their screens all the time.
- Jorge is the first player to break the 4000-trophy mark, which made him instantly famous. This notoriety won him a whopping 79,000 followers on Twitter and a spectacular 30,000 likes on Facebook.
- Tyrel is a top “CoC” player who stays online for 16 hours a day so his base doesn’t get attacked.
- CoC is a free-to-play app, but the in-app strategies are such that players end up paying a premium.
Panda, one of the top 10 CoC players, told Wired that he spends nearly $7,000 a month on his Clash of Clan village.
- “I actually save money playing these games instead of going out and drinking,” – Leo, a high-ranking player who spent around $5000 on the game said. Previously, he used to spend the same amount and more, sometimes $6000 in a single night drinking out with friends.
- CoC was the most viewed Super Bowl Ad in 2015 featuring Liam Neso.
- The game thrives on top 10 percent of its players. In other words, almost 50 percent of its revenue is generated from its top 10 percent players.
- CoC has got 29 Million Active Users. If you are not playing the game, you are out of the loop.
- Though Supercell has got about 150 employees, only 15 works on CoC. In the beginning, there were just 5 developers working on the game, scaled up to 8 at the time of release
- The game was released in six months’ time. Though countless updates have been made since the time of its launch in 2012.
- The concept of the game is not very new. In fact, the developers picked up the idea from StarCraft and Age of Empires and added their own sweet magic to it. In fact, the Age of Empires-2 is still favourite, among several game players.