We are living in a world of technological advances and many new and cool innovations are taking the place of the old things. Let’s take the example of hot water tanks. Many of you know that they are becoming abandoned with the invention of tankless water heaters which are pretty quick in their operations and promise us an abundant supply of hot water. But it is very important for you to know the installation and maintenance costs associated with a tankless water heater before you spent your money for buying it. This article highlights the installation costs for various types and models of tankless water heater.
There are number of factors that affect the installation costs of a tankless water heater.
- You can install the tankless water heater yourself with the help of a manual. But it is strongly recommended that you should hire a professional installer. In case of hiring a professional, you can pay either an hourly fee or a flat fee. The total cost depends on 2 factors:
- The type of your purchased tankless water heater and
- The professional who installs it.
- Next, you should buy the tankless water heater that is suited to your needs because size and capacity of the tankless water heater affect the installation costs associated with it.
If you have several bathrooms in your house, then a tankless water heater with the capacity of 199,000 BUTs will do the job for you. But the labor costs associated with it will be high as installing proper ventilation to prevent carbon monoxide from poisoning and changing the size of the gas lines will approximately 10 hours to complete.
If the hot water demand is low in your house, then you can opt for other tankless water heater available on the market. Electric tankless water heaters such as a point-of-use mini-tank water heater will do a great job for you. They can be installed under the sink of your kitchen. The costs of labor will not be very high as it will only take a plumber with good electrical skills. It should not take him no more than two hours to install. You will have to provide an electrical timer, an electrical outlet and water supply lines for the successful installation of this type of tankless water heater.
- Certain amount of reduction offered on tankless water heaters also effects the costs of installation. Sometimes tax credits are offered on the products that qualify with energy star. You can certainly take the advantage of it as tankless water heaters with the “Energy Star” symbol are energy-efficient as well as rank the top on performance, quality and features.
- Apart from those mandatory costs, there are material costs that you will have to incur as you will need to provide them to the installer. You will have to provide a termination vent kit, tankless gas connector kit, two-piece lead-free brass tankless water heater valve set and other fittings and mounting hardware.
As you can see, there are many thing you have to consider for the installation of your tankless water heater. It is highly recommended that you should follow each factors mentioned above for the successful installation of your tankless water heater.